September 17 & 18
Volunteers provide essential support during the event by ensuring that visitors are properly greeted and informed.
Volunteer Greeters can be found stationed at the entrance to all sites controlling admission, answering questions and tracking visitor attendance. Greeters typically work one 4-hour shift, which leaves plenty of time to explore the city for the remainder of the weekend.
As a Volunteer you will
- Attend a 1-hour orientation session to prepare you for your volunteer experience (see details below)
- Work one or more 4-hour shifts at one of over a hundred and fifty buildings, from either 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM, or 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM
ALL volunteers are expected to attend one of the four volunteer orientation sessions. As policies and procedures change each year, we want you to be fully prepared and comfortable in your role to help make this a successful event for all patrons.
Orientation sessions will be held on September 17th and 18th at 8 a.m. at Historic Milwaukee’s offices 235 E. Michigan St.
At the orientation sessions you will:
- Hear more about DOORS OPEN Milwaukee and meet other volunteers and DOORS OPEN staff
- Learn what is new for DOORS OPEN Milwaukee in 2016
- Understand what is expected of you as a DOORS OPEN Volunteer and ask questions about the volunteer experience
- Pick up the DOORS OPEN Volunteer badge that identifies you as an official DOORS OPEN Volunteer and grants you front-of-the-line access at participating sites