The 1892 Landmark Chapel at Forest Home Cemetery was designed by Ferry & Clas in English Gothic style. The 1896 crematory on the lower level was the first in Wisconsin. 1909 offices include document vaults that will be open to view large cemetery record books of 1850′s, including the signatures of Milwaukee’s most famous names.
Visitors will enjoy full access to the building and will have the choice to take either a guided, or self-guided, tour of the space. The conservatories are filled with decorative palms and other tropical plants. The Crematory below the chapel includes a chapel elevator that would carry a coffin from the sanctuary to a vault room, a marble walled waiting area, and twin crematory retort entry ways. The historic office building vaults will be open to enter, and visitors will be able to view large cemetery record books from the 1850′s, including the signatures of Milwaukee’s most famous names and cemetery benefactors.