The Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery (Circa 1858, 1880, 1893 & 1934), the main building of the Pabst brewery, was originally a Milwaukee Public School, Jefferson Elementary. Based on a design by Edward Townsend Mix, additions to the building were later made by great architects such as Henry Koch, Thomas Stevens Van Alyea, Ferry & Clas, and Otto Strack. The Pabst Brewing Company bought the building in 1890 and converted it into Captain Pabst’s Corporate Offices and Guest Center. Blue Ribbon Hall, one of the site’s main attractions, was redone in 1934 for Pabst’s 100th Anniversary and was fashioned after a 17th century German Beer Hall. This building is an impressive culmination of its long history, many additions, and exciting restoration that has been happening in recent years.
Visitors will get to go behind the scenes and tour a few of the newly refurbished areas within the Pabst complex including; the new Gift Shop in what was historically the HR Department for Pabst, the Captain’s Corner originally the “Reception Room” which was used to greet guests to the brewery, a grand sculpture of Frederick Pabst by famous Italian artist Gaetano Trentanove and more! A “Teaser Display” will be featured in what was once August “Augie” Pabst’s office, next to Harvey Perlstein’s office (including their private bathroom and secure vault). On Saturday, tours begin at 10:30 am & will take place every half hour until 2 pm, on Sunday every half hour from 10:30 pm until 4:30 pm.
Click here to take a virtual tour of the Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery with TourDeForce360VR: