The Wayne & Kristine Lueders Florentine Opera Center is housed in original Cream City brick buildings constructed in the early 1900′s by H. Schmidt & Sons. Mario & Cathy Costantini proprietors of La Lune Collection purchased the buildings in 1986, renovating the original buildings and constructing additional outbuildings on the property. In 2009 the West Warehouse was dedicated as the Wayne & Kristine Lueders Florentine Opera Center, housing the production center, wig, makeup and costume shop and rehearsal studios. In 2012, the administrative offices were constructed in the east building on the Garden Level directly below the La Lune offices. In 2013, through the generous support of donors including Kate & Don Wilson and the Costantinis, Casa di Opera was created to house the Florentine Opera Studio Artists (a quartet of performers joining the Florentine each season.)
Participants will be welcomed at the Barn Door/Alley entrance and given a brief tour and overview of the Lueders Opera Center, followed by a tour of La Lune Collection’s administrative and factory facilities. The Florentine Opera Center’s entrance is immediately west of La Lune.