DavidBarnett

David Barnett Gallery

The preeminent Italianate architect in Milwaukee, Edward Townsend Mix, designed this wonderful Cream City Brick house for Dr. Henry Harrison Button in 1875. Button had come to Milwaukee from out east in the 1840’s but stopped practicing medicine when he found a more profitable trade in wholesale pharmaceuticals. Though missing its verandah and three story tower, the building still retains a sense of Victorian elegance and attention to detail from its stonework to its woodwork.

Housed in one of the city’s finest Victorian Italianate homes from 1875, the David Barnett Gallery contains over 6,000 works of art. Learn about the building and the broadest range of for-sale art available in any Wisconsin Gallery. Gallery representatives will be on hand to tell you about the house and the collection.
Panoramic views of the city and lake from the rooftop deck are available every hour for a fee during Doors Open Milwaukee.

Building Info :

1024 E. State Street
www.davidbarnettgallery.com
10 a.m.-5 p.m.
5 p.m.
10 a.m.-5 p.m.
5 p.m.
E. T. Mix 1875
Photography permitted without flash for personal use only. No commercial use.
No
No
Not handicapped accessible
Yes
2016
43.04447948
-87.898663980253