The Chudnow Museum of Yesteryear was constructed in 1869 as a single family residence and was updated in 1905 in a German Revival style duplex. The building was then purchased by Avrum M. Chudnow in 1966 for use as his law, real estate, and construction offices. Many original features of the 1905 renovation remain, and visitors are welcome to take a self-guided tour of rooms that have been turned into Milwaukee shops and locations from the 1920s to the early 1940s.
Visitors to the Chudnow will see a collection of artifacts from the 1920s through the 1940s in rooms depicting a barbershop, grocery store, ice cream parlor, hardware store, pharmacy, doctor’s office, toy store window, radio store, and even a hidden room–a speakeasy. Our movie theater features short clips of Milwaukee history, Mr. Chudnow’s life, and even a vintage cartoon.